DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE 3+ YEARS EXPERIENCE AS AN EMAIL MARKETING DESIGNER
About The Email Company
The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 500 companies for over 20 years.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Email Marketing Designer will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and developers to provide support to customers in the process of designing, coding and deploying email campaigns.
This role focuses primarily on the following:
- Turning creative briefs into pixel perfect HTML emails
- Slicing PSD’s into responsive mobile first HTML
- Create landing pages and micro sites
- Email Popups and Webforms
- A/B tests that will maximize conversion
- Minimum 3+ years of experience designing effective and engaging email messages
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design and conversion thinking.
- Knowledge of email design best practices and conversion strategies
- Understanding of basic customer segments within email marketing
- Ability to pair creative design with copywriting, data, and analytics.
- Attention to detail — you have an eagle eye for typos and errors.
- Results-focused – you are determined to drive revenue, open rates, and click-through rates
- Proficiency coding HTML5 and CSS3 without the need for WYSIWYG editors
- Strong knowledge and experience creating graphics and layouts with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or similar software
- Skilled at developing materials for the web, email and print
- Experience with strategic design of both static (HTML) and dynamic (Database-driven) websites
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus, EmailOnAcid
- Knowledge of Email Marketing development best practices
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to understand business goals and translate technical and non-technical information to and from clients
Location: WorldWide – Must be available daytime hours – Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Contract
Hourly Rate: TBD – Based on Experienced
To apply for this role, please send your resume with the subject line “Email Marketing Designer Resume”
To “hireme @ theemailcompany . com”