DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE AS AN EMAIL MARKETING DEVELOPER
About The Email Company
The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 1000 companies for over 18 years.
EMC is looking for a data visualization geek to help us build a few funky and informative dashboards utilizing Tableau. Must have a deep understanding of data storage, data transfer and data loading. Must have the ability to write complex queries in SQL and MySQL.
Must have vast knowledge of data interpretation and be able to build stories, as well as use cases around data. Ability to work with enterprise level clients to gather business requirements and provide end to end solutions. In addition, the data visualization geek is responsible for collaborating with other members of the Client Services team to use Tableau Desktop to rapidly generate impactful, interactive visualizations.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing ongoing support for the maintenance and data tuning of the dashboards to improve efficiencies and performance.
- Taking the lead on visual design for all client projects, ensuring best practices, usability and elegant translation of data.
- Working with clients to gather business requirements and interpret requirements to deliver customized reports and dashboards.
- Implementing multi-source dashboards, data blending, table calculations, advanced calculated fields, advanced statistical analysis, guided analytics, custom geocoding, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in Email Marketing and Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline preferred but not necessary
- Strong IT Project Methodology experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong knowledge of Tableau and other Data reporting software
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Proven ability implementing multi-source dashboards, data blending, table calculations, advanced calculated fields, advanced statistical analysis, guided analytics, custom geocoding, etc.
- Expert knowledge building out dashboards and analyzing data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Tableau Software
- Proven knowledge of data visualization best practices and ability create stunning dashboards
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to understand business goals and translate technical and non-technical information to and from clients
Location: North America preferred. WorldWide – Must be available daytime hours – Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Contract
Hourly Rate: Hourly, based on experience.
Required experience: Tableau Software and dashboard building
Required education: Bachelor’s
To apply for this position, please send an email to jeff <at> theemailcompany <dot> com; Subject line: Here is my resume for Data Visualization Geek. Please provide your resume in PDF Format and a link to working dashboards or samples you have created.