DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE AS AN EMAIL MARKETING DEVELOPER
About The Email Company
The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 500 companies for over 18 years.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Email Marketing Developer will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and developers to provide support to customers in the process of designing, coding and deploying email campaigns.
This role focuses primarily on translating customer-stated business objectives into actionable solutions and understanding customer communication needs and data streams. This includes designing, developing and documenting solutions to leverage automation, dynamic content and data-driven segmentation to maximize program success. This role encompasses the coding of HTML emails and landing pages using ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Services proprietary scripting language (i.e. AMPScript) as well as automation and database tools to execute highly dynamic, data-driven campaigns. In addition, the Email Marketing Developer is responsible for collaborating with other members of the Client Services team to test functional and rendering quality for new solutions, and for preparing the ongoing program for execution by either the customer or The Email Company’s Client Services team.
You will be responsible for:
- Slicing PSD’s into responsive HTML emails
- Using initiative to research and develop code to solve challenges.
- Writing SQL queries to extract data from MySQL databases as well as Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget data extensions.
- Assisting with quality assurance on EMC-developed websites and emails, while providing support to the front-end development team.
- Building and maintaining a rapport with cross-functional teams including account teams, project managers, designers and developers.
- Assuring browser compatibility, usability, performance, and adherence to project specifications.
- Working with the client to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach.
- Collaborating with other members of the Client Services team to provide best practice recommendations to customers.
- Instilling confidence through maturity, expertise and impeccable communications (written and verbal) with customers.
- Developing robust campaign documentation and facilitating the process of transitioning the program for ongoing maintenance.
- Leveraging Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget tools and scripting language to deliver highly dynamic and personalized content.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in Email Marketing Development
- Significant knowledge and experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget Services
- Significant knowledge and experience with AMPScript
- Significant knowledge and experience with Automation Studio and Journey Builder
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, SQL, and relational database fundamentals
- Experience designing and developing complex Excel/CSV reports using raw data extracted from ExactTarget or MySQL
- Back-end web development experience
- Ability to fix bugs and troubleshoot technical issues
- Knowledge of Email Marketing development best practices
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code templates as well as design and execute test plans
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus, EmailOnAcid, UnBounce
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Programming, or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency is an asset
- Experience with .NET, XML, JSON, JQuery, PHP, ASP, and Object Oriented Programming is a plus
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to understand business goals and translate technical and non-technical information to and from clients
Location: WorldWide – Must be available daytime hours – Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Contract
Hourly Rate: TBD – Based on Experienced
Required experience: Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget Email Platform: 5+ years ( Salesforce Certifications Prefered)
Required education: Bachelor’s
To apply for this role, please click here or press this button