The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 500 companies for over 16 years.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Salesforce Database Manager/Analyst will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and programmers in the data analyzing and reporting of dynamic and responsive emails, landing pages, subscription forms, profile centres, API calls, CRON jobs and SQL queries. This role focuses primarily on data management and integration and reporting. This role requires the the individual to fully understand how data flows in and out of the database and be able to then query the data based on the specified business objectives.
The selected candidate must know how to apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret the data and produce substantiated recommendations to the business on how we can efficiently and effectively report findings and communicate with our clients.
- Database Analyst is principally responsible for interpreting customer data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the research findings
- Present findings of customer behavior analysis to the customer retention department to collectively formulate communication strategies to improve customer retention
- Manage data integration, information presentation, and delivery
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Data Architecture and Business Intelligence solutions
- Generate and maintain reports/dashboards for all customer interactions
- Continuously review all reports for accuracy and provide recommendation to enhance reporting
- Maintain, monitor, and verify the accuracy of customer data across multiple system and platforms
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the area of data analytics
- Post-secondary education in a strong quantitative orientated field, (mathematics, computer science, engineering)
- Expert knowledge in direct marketing, campaign management, experimental design, customer analytics, CRM, segmentation, modeling
- Hands-on proficient experience with MySQL, SQL Server, relational databases, data warehouses
- Expert knowledge in advance SQL Database Design in relational data, data schema and scripting data extract strategies
- Strong Experience in programming in SQL, VBA
- Strong Experience in BI and Analytics platform (ex. Tableau)
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Access, working with complex queries and formula, (ex. Pivot Tables, and Data Tables)
- Aptitude for statistical research and analysis with strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities.
- Past experience conducting research (market, consumer, product, etc.)
- Nice to have: Unix/Linux, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget
- Experience developing technical documentation
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with conflicting demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to write and deliver effective presentations and reports
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills required
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to understand business goals and translate technical and non-technical information to and from clients
Location: Toronto Preferred – Telecommute Possible
Employment Type: Contract to hire
Hourly Rate: Negotiable
Required experience: Database and web programming: 10 years
Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to jeff (at) theemailcompany (DOT) com.
The Email Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us so that appropriate accommodations can be made.