The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 500 companies for over 16 years.
Reporting to the Chief eMail Officer, the skilled Direct Response Content / Copywriter will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and programmers to manage key client email copy development projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all writing projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Collaborating with other members of the Client Services team to provide best practice recommendations.
- Possessing a keen understanding of the various industries you will be writing for.
- Developing creative copy ideas and concepts.
- Amending, revising or redeveloping copy in response to feedback from the client and/or EMC team.
- Providing relevant, fresh, quality copy, that leads the reader to an immediate action or buying decision.
- Writing inspiring copy for various channels (i.e. email, social, web) that will engage readers.
- Understanding client specifications to draft copy that is on brand and consistent in style, tone and quality.
- Keeping copy consistent for each client.
- Create copy that reflects the brands unique personality, and brand promise and establishes a meaningful, long-term relationship with customers.
- Keeping all stakeholders up to date on project progress and adapt to any changes in specifications through the course of the work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience as a direct response copywriter in an agency setting.
- Understanding in development of copy for various forms and industries.
- Demonstrates an eye for basic design principles and how they work in tandem with copy to create a strong, cohesive brand message, feel and look to incite readers to purchase right away.
- Demonstrates the ability to confidently present concepts/ideas and work, from both the messaging and brand perspectives.
- Possesses excellent editing and proofreading skills and has an eye for detail that ensures high-quality deliverables for every client.
- Proficient in web-based technologies.
- Proficient using MS Suite especially Word and Powerpoint.
- Fluent and knowledgeable in current AP style of writing.
- Knowledge of copywriting best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at once, under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Ability to understand business goals and translate this into copy.
Location: Work from home – Toronto / GTA / Planet Earth / EST zone
Employment Type: Part-time, On a project basis
Hourly Rate: $30 – $40 /hour
Required experience: Direct Response Copywriting: 3-5 years
How to Apply:
Please create an email using the Microsoft Word Email Template.
Explain in the Email Template why you are the right person for the job and create a compelling Call to Action that will get us to read your resume.
- 3 Subject Lines (for a/b testing)
- Preheader Text
- Body Copy
- Anything else you feel would help generate a conversion (meeting/phone call)
Be creative as possible this is your chance to make a great impression.
Send your resume and email template doc to jeff @ theemailcompany . com with the subject line “Here is my resume for Direct Response Copywriting Magician”
Click here to: Download the Microsoft Word Emil Template Doc
The Email Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us so that appropriate accommodations can be made.