The Email Company is a full-service Toronto-based email marketing agency that focuses on email marketing strategy, programs and campaign development to help our clients develop deeper and more profitable relationships with their customers and audiences. The Email Company has been providing email marketing technology and professional services to Canadian retailers, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations and other fortune 500 companies for over 16 years.
Reporting to the Chief eMail Officer, the Digital Project Manager will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and programmers to manage key client email development/deployment projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating internal resources (including account teams, designers and developers) and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope, timing, costing and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and profitability
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Working with the client to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Building and maintaining a rapport with third parties/vendors and cross-functional teams including account teams, project managers, designers and developers.
- Collaborating with other members of the Client Services team to provide best practice recommendations to customers.
- Instilling confidence through maturity, expertise and impeccable communications (written and verbal) with customers.
- Developing robust project documentation and facilitating the process of transitioning the program for ongoing maintenance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience as a project manager in a digital marketing agency.
- Understanding in development/deployment of dynamic and responsive emails, landing pages, subscription forms, profile centres, API calls, CRON jobs and SQL queries.
- Proficient in web based technologies
- Proficient using MS Suite especially MS Excel’s many formulas and functions
- Knowledge of Email Marketing development/deployment best practices
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge with ExactTarget / Salesforce Marketing Cloud Services is an asset
- PMP certification is an asset
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency is an asset
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to understand business goals and translate technical and non-technical information to and from clients
Location: Work from home – Toronto / GTA
Employment Type: Contract to hire
Hourly Rate: Negotiable
Required experience: Project Management: 5-7 years
Interested? If so, please send your resume and cover letter to jeff @ theemailcompany . com with the subject line “Here is my resume for Digital Project Manager”
The Email Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us so that appropriate accommodations can be made.